D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.

D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.
Can't we all just get along?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reason #11: Animals inspire us to be more compassionate.


I had the "dreaded" garage sale over the weekend.  It's not that I do not like getting a great deal or getting rid of things that are no longer useful, but the preparation and commitment of a garage sale is not my favorite way to spend a weekend.  I did luck out with one great day of weather but unfortunately the second day was rainy and gloomy.  I was shocked that people still came out to view my garage of "junk" but I was also impressed with the enthusiasm my daughters and their friends had to "go on with the show" of their lemonade and treat stand.  I was so proud of my girls when they told me a few weeks prior that they wanted to sell lemonade and treats and give the money to our favorite animal shelter, Animal House Shelter in Huntley, IL.!!!  Their friends and neighbors helped out and they raised almost $30.00!!!  I look forward to sending in the check with their happy and proud faces knowing they made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment