D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.

D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.
Can't we all just get along?

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reason #14: They don't give you a guilt trip (at least not in words)!!

We are gearing up for our summer family vacation and I have not had any anxiety about it until we were at PetSmart stocking up on pet supplies for the pet sitter.  I spent WAY too much time in there trying to talk myself down from over-buying "stuff" for my pets to fix the guilt I feel for leaving them! I know they will be in the best hands possible but when a pet becomes part of your family, not including them in something is tough for me.  I especially feel sad to leave the newest member of the family, our kitten, Timone.  We have not parted since we rescued him at under 1 pound and he slept on a hot water bottle.  However, my kids have absolutely NO trouble telling me how they NEED all this new stuff for vacation: new swimsuit, shoes, hair do-dads, sunglasses, and toys.  I even almost got persuaded to buy a Nintendo DS on sale for my youngest!  Huh?!?  And yet, all my furry children need are some food, water, potty locale, some attention and belly rubs.  And they don't do the "awww" when you don't buy them an Icee at Target!!! 
Man, I'm mean!  :)

I just went out to get the mail, kids!  Talk about guilt trip!
(Sorry the resolution is rough, it's through the window screen)

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! To Timone, he'll probably only think you've been gone for a day! It's getting a lot easier to say no without the guilt! I did give in this morning when the girls wanted to buy Ava and Carly Chinese fans. I mean, how can you resist that? Of course, they also needed one! Have an awesome trip! Timone and Wrigley will eventually forgive you for leaving them! (:

    ReplyDelete