D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.

D.T. and Wrigley relaxing by the fireplace.
Can't we all just get along?

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reason #12: Their past is not their life story.

I am guilty of this!  My mother to this day says I am/was such a picky eater because I had colic as a newborn! I do not appear to have missed a meal.  :)  I have blamed my parent's divorce for reasons why I had trouble dating and yet I have a wonderful husband!!  I have heard friends of mine blame their health issues today because of what their parents fed them 30 years ago!  Crazy, isn't it?  We can find a million excuses for how we act or behave due to something that occurred years ago.  With animals, not so much.  My kitten was thrown away like garbage, riddled with fleas to the point he was anemic and yet he is the most friendly and lovable pet I have ever had.  

This is a wonderful story from our favorite animal shelter.  A pit-bull mix was treated horrifically and left for dead and still when the shelter picked her up she wagged her tail and was ready to be loved!  I ran in their first 5k to support the shelter and all the great things they do.  It's a must-read.

huntley.patch.com
Inaugural fundraiser assists no-kill shelter in saving animals.

I am runner 138.  Good thing this photo was
taken at the beginning...I looked beet red
after from the 90 degree heat!


1 comment: